Welcome to Jabatan Warisan Negara   Click to listen highlighted text! Welcome to Jabatan Warisan Negara Powered By GSpeech
All for Joomla All for Webmasters



List of National Heritage Building 2015


 Taiping development history begins with the migration of people from various races to the city near the end of 19th century due to the tin mining activities and rubber estates existence in Malaya. The entry of multiple ethnics leads to the introduction of various forms of architectural type in Taiping especially in the city center.

In 1895, the construction for the new government building began to replace the old district office that is built in 1883. The new building was built according to the Victorian designs that includes a Public Hall, Secretariat Office, Treasury Office, Audit Office, Education Office and Forestry Office. The building was completed in 1897 and started operating in 1898.  Today, the building is the premise of District and Land Office of Larut, Matang and Selama situated in Taiping, Perak



The mosque is founded by the late Sultan (Sir) Alaeddin Sulaiman Shah Ibni Almarhum Raja Muda Musa, the fifth Sultan Selangor at 1918 and fully completed in 1925. The mosque is situated in the Jugra sub-district in Kuala Langat region. It is also known as Mosque Bandar or Mosque Alauddin.

The design of this mosque shows the characteristics of Middle East designs with Moghul architectural influences that can be seen in the mosque’s dome.  The interesting part about the mosque is the open space such as that is found in Middle East mosques. It is also said that the mosque received the architectural design that is influenced by Deli in Medan, North Sumatera which can be seen from the wood carvings decorating the walls and ceilings inside the mosque. Other interesting features of the mosque is the pillar and its wall carvings and its unique pulpit that is made from high quality and durable wood.





Mosque Hiliran that is situated around 3km from Kuala Terengganu town is one of the oldest mosque in Terengganu state. The mosque is also known as Masjid Haji Mat Kaya. In conjunction with the person who financed the mosque construction in 1925

The early history of Khairiah Islamic Secondary School begins at this mosque. Khairiah Islamic Secondary School is founded on the 8th of September 1942 at the balcony of the Mosque Hiliran. The opening ceremony is officiated by HRH Sultan Sulaiman on Friday the 5th of March 1943.

The uniqueness of this mosque is because of the roof that is different with the design of main mosque design in the archipelago region that is dome based, instead it is based of Perak’s gabled hip roof shape that is one of Malay famous architectural design.

Other unique features that is available in Mosque Hiliran is a well that is known as Telaga Mandi gajah Putih that is believed to be built during the ruling of Sultan Zainal Abiding III (1881-1918). The construction of the well is said to be intended to bathe the white elephant that belonged to Sultan Zainal Abidin III which was presented by the King of Siam, King Chulalongkorn as a friendship sign.




The National Museum building site is the former Selangor Museum that was built in 1906. During World War II, the right side of the Selangor Museum was destroyed in a bomb attack. After the war is over, the Selangor Museum had to be torn down. Towards the Federation of Malaya’s independence, the Prime Minister, Tunku Abdul Rahman Puta Al-Haj was inspired to build a National Museum to house the historical and cultural heritage treasures, and the country flora and fauna specimens.

 Architect Ho Kok Hoe had designed the National Museum building based on the architecture of the palace of Malay kings and decorated with Malay motifs. It was first built in 1959 and fully completed at 31st August 1963. The façade on the left and right front are decorated with mural that is made of Italian’s glass mosaics.  The mural depicts the story of history and culture of Malaysia.  The building’s middle hall floor is decorated with special tiles contributed by Pakistan government.

 UNESCO also helped by sending several museum experts from multiple world famous museum to provide advisory services.  National Museum was officially opened by the Third Yang di Pertuan Agong, Tuanku Syed Putra Ibni Almarhum Syed Hassan Jamalullail on 31st August 1963.

Template Settings


For each color, the params below will give default values
Blue Brown Green Pink Violet
Click to listen highlighted text! Powered By GSpeech