Istana Sultan Abu Bakar (Muzium) Pekan, Pahang
Conservation/bangunan/Sultan Abu Bakar Museum Building
|Sebelum Kerja Konservasi||Semasa Kerja Konservasi||Selepas Kerja Konservasi|
This historic building was constructed in 1929 as the residence of the Resident Britsh to replace the original wooden building was built in 1888. During World War II, the building was used as the residence of Japanese officers. In 1948, the building was renovated and turned into a palace residence of the late Sultan Abu Bakar. He makes it as the Official State Palace and given the title name "Castle Beram" replace Istana Sri Terentang. Istana Kota Beram was amended in 1954 with the construction of a building for use as the "Throne Room". In 1959-1965, a new palace was built near the palace for the funeral D.Y.M.M Terentang Sultan of Pahang. Therefore, Pahang State Museum took over the building on March 17, 1976 to serve as the State Museum and officially opened on 21 October 1976 by His Majesty Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah with the name "Sultan Abu Bakar Museum".
In general, building structures, Sultan Abu Bakar Museum is mengambungkan two building systems that Wall System Accountability System Poles and expenses and Alang. Wall System Dependent expense of building a wall system that is commonly used in building construction before concrete technology bercerucuk introduced. In the museum building's structural system applied in the main part of the building. The wall thickness is between 12 "to 14" and it is built of bricks plastered bond. While Alang and Column System is applied to support the verandah and also especially on the first floor porch. The building-sized pillars 1'6 "used to support the structure of the beam on it.
The roof structure of the building is divided into two types: the steep roof and flat roof. Steep roofs cover the entire living room and porch roof with red clay tiles while the flat roofs of reinforced concrete located at the back porch.
There are two types of stairs in the building of the stone steps and wooden stairs. Built of stone stairs at the main entrance and there is a new built stone staircase at the back where it used to connect these buildings and offices while the wooden staircase was built to connect between level one and level two.
All the doors are wooden including porridge and a height of 90 "and the width varies depending on the type of door and space. All elements of the windows including frames and shutters are made of wood. The windows are divided into two parts, that is made of pieces of glass while the under the hardwood.
Throughout the building, whether used as a palace or a museum, some of the elements in this building has undergone changes according to the needs at that time. Among the most obvious is the loggia on the upper floor where the space between the pillars were covered with wood ram windows along the front facade. Among the scope of work for the conservation of the
CONSERVATION OF WORK PERFORMED
Sultan Abu Bakar Museum of view of the main street sculptures that have the characteristics of residential British Colonel still clearly visible view of the left side of the building facade
Hallway upstairs put clear glass for the purpose of air conditioners existing wooden staircase leading to accentuate authenticity disyelekThe verandah upstairs window closed with a wooden ram along the facade
building project is a component of the windows in the room off the corridor as a whole to restore the original look of the building. However, as the building was used as a museum gallery, the building air conditioning needs to be considered. As a solution, this part will be covered with clear glass for the cold. In addition, other components that involve major conservation work scope is replacing floor boards with timber type and size of the board is the same as the original for the two-story building because most of the floor was damaged.
ANTARA KERJA-KERJA KONSERVASI YANG DILAKSANAKAN
|Pandangan Muzium Sultan Abu Bakar dari jalan utama||Ukiran yang mempunyai ciri-ciri kediaman Kolonel British masih jelas kelihatan||Pandangan fasad bangunan dari sisi kiri|
|Ruang koridor tingkat atas diletakkan kaca jernih untuk tujuan penghawa dingin||Tangga kayu utama sedia ada disyelek bagi menyerlahkan keasliannya||Bahagian serambi tingkat atas ditutup dengan tingkap ram kayu sepanjang fasad|
Heritage News Archives
Heritage Events Archives
Heritage Tender Archives
Heritage Newspapar Clippings Archives